Our approach to camping is that of co-existing with the natural environment and enjoying the freedom and space of outdoor living. Ashburnham Place is designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and, as such, has a rich diversity of flora and fauna to enjoy, but please tread lightly as you go.
To facilitate this we ask that you observe the following:
1. Due to the sensitive natural environment, we operate a strict no pets policy.
2. We offer a family-friendly, relaxed, peaceful campsite. So we ask you to be mindful of the needs of others and to keep noise level down after 10 pm.
3. We want to encourage singing and acoustic music around the campfire, but please no amplified music.
4. The lakes are for your enjoyment, but fishing is prohibited as it is leased to a third party.
5. For your safety and that of the aquatic life on the site, boating and swimming are only permissible within the defined areas.
6. Waste and recycling points will be available at all of the sites. Please take excess general waste home with you.
7. On your departure, please leave your pitch as you would like to have found it.
8. We’re offering camping, so please no sneaking into the main house complex, as its let to residential groups.
If you like the sound of this, we look forward to welcoming you. Oh, please remember to bring your torches!